- All Day
- Sydney International Equestrian Centre
Welcome to 2020 from your HDC committee – we hope you and your horses are all safe and well.
For those looking for something to kick off the year, our first Protocol/Training day for 2020 is not far away on Saturday Feb 1st and Entries are now open on Nominate – Click HERE
This event is a bit special – our coach Sally Barbera has offered to donate all lesson fees to the NSW RFS Fundraising, and riders will have the option during your entry to donate as well.
This is for financial HDC members only. (This email has been sent to 2019 and 2020 members – so if you haven’t renewed, do so today by going to the email sent in December, or going to the “Clubs “ section on Nominate. This training day will be held at SIEC and is a great opportunity to get out on the arenas without the pressure of a competition day, run through your tests with a qualified judge to give feedback. The protocol judge is TBA , and our Coach for the day is Sally Barbera who is an accredited NCAS Level 2 General & Level 2 Dressage Specialist and has generously donated her time for the day.
There are lots of options available, choose one or more…whatever suits you and your horse. We will be based around Arena 1 this time, utilising the new amenities and yards.
What will be involved:
- Training Day fee of $30 – covers SIEC Day stay fee per horse, Admin fee, Access to warm up arena 1, access to Familiarisation Arena 10, riding around the SIEC grounds(not trail ride). Additional options below, but everyone pays this one simplified fee once.(per horse)
- Casual day ( Mufti!) Helmet and boots compulsory of course.
- Tea/Coffee/Water available at Base camp
- Lunch break is 12.00-12.30 so bring a picnic, and a chair, and sit with your HDC friends for a horsey catch up!
- Arena 9 will be available to book for “private time” 20 minute sessions – $15 – you can use this time to practice your test in peace, or perhaps you and your horse just like some alone time.
- Arena 1 will be for Protocol Test – choose your own test – ride your test, and then get feedback from judge (TBA) This is a 20 minute timeslot. $35
- Arena 10 will be available for Familiarisation – part of training day fee – ride at your own pace – get your horse used to the arenas, and working with others.
- Arena 1 (half) will be for Lessons with Sally. This is a 45 minute time slot. Feel free to sit around Arena 1 throughout the day and watch, listen and learn!
- Arena 1 other half will be Warm Up Arena and is available for riding at your own pace – part of the Training Day fee.
- Before or afterwards, you can also ride around the grounds for as long as you wish, at your own pace – Part of the training day fee.
- Trail Ride is also available – $57 per rider. This allows you to ride around the wider grounds – in groups, you will need to take a walkie talkie and Bib, – report in at Base camp before and after your ride. Everyone must be back in camp by the end of the day – exact time will be confirmed when draw is sent out.
- Entries via Nominate are now open for all of the above options and Entries close Wednesday Jan 29th at 11pm!
- Times are 7.50 – 2.00pm but may be adjusted depending on time slot bookings and dependant on weather forecast
- Draw with confirmed times will be sent out a few days prior to the event.
We do need a penciller for this day – for protocol riders so if you are not riding this day,(or even if you are) please let me know if you can come along or bring someone along to assist – even for part of the protocol sessions.
This is intended to be a relaxed, social day. If you know anyone else who may want to join our club to take advantage of this also, then feel free to let them know, if they join now their entry fees for the rest of this years Competitions will also be cheaper…and we all love things to cost less!
0404 829 083 – after dark