Congratulations to all our Horse of the Year winners for 2017!
Pony Champion: Amakis Impersonator – Leanne Bell
Preliminary HOTY: BJ Kaneto Cinderella – Zara Perish
Novice HOTY: TS Windtanzer – Melissa Yee
Elementary HOTY: Supreme Ambition – Krystyna Pollard
Medium HOTY: Lets Reminisce – Penny Barrett
Advanced HOTY: F1 Sonny Bill – Helen Macaskill
FEI HOTY: Quinto 26 – Pamela Bode
CAMELOT HORSE RUGS HORSE OF THE YEAR
1. Both the owner and the rider(s) of the horse must be financial members of the club at the time of competing.
2. Competition runs through the calendar year. Horses are eligible from owner and riders joining date. Points accrue from this joining date. All points accrued prior to this date are ineligible.
3. To be eligible for HOTY, owners, riders or a representative for that horse must work a minimum of 4 hours across the events during the calendar year. This may be done all at one event or at any of the various events throughout the year.
4. There will be a volunteer sign-in book in the event office at each of our events. Volunteers will need to sign in AND out. A committee representative must verify the hours upon completion.
5. The following awards are offered in 2018:
– Closed Unrestricted HOTY & Reserve Closed Unrestricted HOTY
– Preliminary HOTY & Reserve Preliminary HOTY
– Novice HOTY & Reserve Novice HOTY
– Elementary HOTY & Reserve Elementary HOTY
– Medium HOTY & Reserve Medium HOTY
– Advanced HOTY & Reserve Advanced HOTY
– FEI HOTY Reserve FEI HOTY
– Pony OTY & Reserve POTY
– Supreme HOTY
The Closed Unrestricted HOTY will be a combination of both Preliminary and Novice Closed Unrestricted classes. All other levels will be awarded for combinations in Official Competitive classes.
6. HOTY winners are not eligible to compete for HOTY at the same level in subsequent years (FEI and Ponies are an exception to this rule).
7. Points are limited to the 2 highest scoring tests of the competition per horse/rider combination (NB no points for freestyles, choose your own tests and horses competing HC).
8. Points are awarded as follows: 1st = 30 pts, 2nd = 29 pts, 3rd = 28pts, 4th = 27 pts down to 30th= 1pt. The members will be awarded points according to their placing in the test NOT where they rank compared to other members.
9. Points will be awarded for each division if the tests are divided.
10. Equal placings receive equal points
11. If there are two horses on equal results at the end of the year, the highest average percentage will be the winner. If they are still equal then the higher place getter in the more difficult test (.2 or .3)at the Championships is the winner.
12. Supreme HOTY is awarded to the horse or pony that accrues the most points over the year.
13. Results will be posted after all point scores, volunteer hours and membership status have been verified.
14. The committee’s decision will be final when awarding HOTY winners.
Any questions please contact the HOTY Point Score Co-ordinator Justin Worthy : email@example.com