Our next Protocol/Training day is not far away on Saturday August 31st and Entries are now open at Nominate
This event is a bit special – the theme is MATCHY MATCHY – so get our your best outfits for a bit of extra fun!
This is for financial HDC members only. This will be held at SIEC and its s a great opportunity to get out on the arenas without the pressure of a competition day, run through your tests with a qualified judge to give feedback. There are lots of options available, choose one or more…whatever suits you and your horse.
What will be involved:
- Training Day fee of $30 – covers SIEC Day stay fee per horse, access to warm up arena 4, access to Arena 9, riding around the SIEC grounds(not trail ride). Additional options below, but everyone pays this one simplified fee once.(per horse)
- Casual day ( Mufti!) Helmet and boots compulsory of course. (and MATCHY MATCHY gear) 😊
- Tea/Coffee/Water available at Base camp
- Lunch break is 12.00-12.30 so bring a picnic, and a chair, and sit with your HDC friends for a horsey catch up!
- Arena 7 will be available to book for “private time” 20 minute sessions – $15 – you can use this time to practice your test in peace, or perhaps you and your horse just like some alone time.
- Arena 8 will be for Protocol Test – choose your own test – ride your test, and then get feedback from judge (name is TBA) This is a 20 minute timeslot. $35
- Arena 9 will be available for Familiarisation – part of training day fee – ride at your own pace – get your horse used to the arenas, and working with others.
- Warm Up Arena 4 is available for riding at your own pace – part of the Training Day fee.
- Before or afterwards, you can also ride around the grounds for as long as you wish, at your own pace – Part of the training day fee.
Trail Ride is also available – $57 per rider. This allows you to ride around the wider grounds – in groups, you will need to take a walkie talkie and Bib, – report in at Base camp before and after your ride. Everyone must be back in camp by the end of the day – exact time will be confirmed when draw is sent out.
- Entries via Nominate for all of the above options and Entries close Monday August 26th at midnight – so BE QUICK!!
- Times are 7.50 – 2.00pm but may be adjusted depending on timeslot bookings
- Draw with confirmed times will be sent out a few days prior to the event.
We do need a penciller for this day – so if you need to get your HDC hours up for the HOTY pointscore, and you are not riding this day,(or even if you are) this is an easy way to rack up 4 or more hours in one go- and learn from our judge at the same time! Please let me know if you can come along to assist – even for part of the protocol sessions.
This is intended to be a relaxed, social day. If you know anyone else who may want to join our club to take advantage of this also, then feel free to let them know, if they join now their entry fees for the rest of this years Competitions will also be cheaper…and we all love things to cost less!